Welcome, and remember...

Just a reminder about what we'd like to see here. Students will be responding to readings, and their grade will be based on the following rubric:
  • Reflection statements (self positioning within the course concepts);
  • Commentary statements (effective use of the course content in discussion and analysis);
  • New idea statements (synthesis of ideas to a higher level); and
  • Application statements (direct use of the new ideas in a real life setting).
Don't forget to mark the comments you want for credit with an FC.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

I think I like the U.S. better back then....

After reading President Eisenhower's final address I couldn't but think how much to me the United States have changed since then, and not in a good way. In his address I took from it how if nothing else he wanted the people of the U.S. to continue to push forward in all aspects of life and to cling to the values that had gotten the U.S. to become the most powerful and advanced country in the world at that time. Now as I turn the channels on the television at night and run across the various news stations all you ever hear about is all the huge problems our country is facing both internally and externally, especially when it comes to financial problems within our country and also to all the other people that we owe money to. When watching this and after reading this I can only think wow, we have pretty much done exactly opposite especially here lately of what the President wanted us not to do...

Wade Lawson

1 comment:

  1. I agree, I believe the country is moving backwards but at the same time I feel that it is a necessary move in order to pick ourselves up again. Eisenhower said many inspiring words and had America's best interest at heart, true, but the fact is that no country is perfect and is going to falter at one point or another. The key is to eventually fix it and learn from the mistakes, which so far has not happened.

    ReplyDelete