Welcome, and remember...

Just a reminder about what we'd like to see here. Students will be responding to readings, and their grade will be based on the following rubric:
  • Reflection statements (self positioning within the course concepts);
  • Commentary statements (effective use of the course content in discussion and analysis);
  • New idea statements (synthesis of ideas to a higher level); and
  • Application statements (direct use of the new ideas in a real life setting).
Don't forget to mark the comments you want for credit with an FC.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

The lay of the land

When reading "The Turks In World History" there were several things throughout the first 93 pages that caught my attention. Of those the one that really stuck out in my mind was how the lay of the land (Ecological Zones) effected the Turkish people so much. It really stuck out to me how vastly different the land was from north to south and east to west, and how different the people were in each of these places. This all lead me to think and try to draw a comparison to where I live, and know the most about, North America. Even here the lay out of the land has a distinct influence on how the people are in that area, and the type of people that migrate to that place from other parts of the world or even the country, because it is either similar to where they are from or comfortable to them or even both. For example if you took me being from the south and put me on the west coast I would be totally out of place and vice verse. I think that a lot of the differences in the people here in North America can be traced back to the type of ecological land and environment they live on, just like how it effected the Turkish people.

Wade Lawson

No comments:

Post a Comment